Editing group mode

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sat Jun 6 05:13:45 EDT 2009

On Fri Jun 5 21,2009, J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com wrote:
> Wondering if anyone has seen this in Rev 3.5. When I go into Edit Group
> mode and select an object, the property inspector doesn't see it and
> doesn't change to show its properties. Right-clicking an object doesn't
> bring up a contextual menu. The object can't be edited. Returning to
> normal mode, I can select and work with the same objects normally. The
> problem is, I need to change their layering and I can't do that from
> regular mode. (I didn't try changing relayergroupedcontrols yet, because
> of what happened next.)
>
> So I opened the stack in MetaCard, and its control brower doesn't work
> with the objects in edit mode either. Clicking a line in the control
> browser immediately selects a different line. From the message box,
> asking for any control's layer always returns 9 (there are 24 objects,
> some in a couple of sub-groups.) On card 2, when editing its single
> group, all 9 objects there are reported as layer 8. Setting an object's
> layer directly from the message box doesn't stick; the layer doesn't
> change and the incorrect layer is still reported.
> --

Tried with 3.5 and 3.0 using the Metacard IDE.

Objects in a group can be edited both with 3.0 and 3.5, but clicking on
an object is not reflected in the Control Browser (hiliting the specific
line of the Control Browser) with 3.5. If you ask about the layer, you
will indeed get the same number for all objects of the group and this
number seems to be near the total number of objects on  the card in
question.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke