How to draw a line between objects or letters?

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 16:50:04 EDT 2009

William.

 Nothing is too difficult. I think I know what you need now.

You have two fields with text, and a button with the following script;

on mouseUp
    if there is a graphic "tLine" then delete graphic "tLine"
    set cursor to cross
    wait until the mouseClick
    put the clickLoc into tLoc1
    click at the clickLoc
    put the clickChar into tChar1

    wait until the mouseClick
    put the clickLoc into tLoc2
    click at the clickLoc
    put the clickChar into tChar2

    if tChar1 = tChar2 then
       create graphic
       set the name of the last graphic to "tLine"
       set style of graphic tLine to "line"

       set points of graphic tLine to tLoc1 & return & tLoc2
    else
       answer "UH OH, try again"
    end if
end mouseUp