Background image problems

Wilhelm Sanke, FB01 sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Jun 5 15:27:42 EDT 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, "Sumner, Walt" <WSUMNER at dom.wustl.edu> wrote:

> Can anyone shed some light on using paint tools and imagedata on images in a
bg group?

> (snip)
>
> Because the new picture might look a lot like the old picture, the script
selects some gray color and uses the pencil to draw horizontal lines over the
first picture. This is fairly quick and gives a clear impression that the
picture is being rebuilt. This works fine if the image is not part of a group.
It works if the image is not the only image in a group. It seems not to work if
the image is the only image in a group

> (snip)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Walt Sumner

Painting on images inside groups does not work as it should. Seems to be a bug,
which I also encountered some time ago.

A workaround would be to temporarily move the images out of the group (as I did
in one of the versions of my Imagedata Toolkit) like in this script

"on mouseUp
  set the imagedata of img x to the imagedata of img x
# cannot remember what the above line achieves
  set the relayergroupedcontrols to true
  put the layer of img x into tlayer
  set the layer of img x to top
  send "mouseup" to btn "distortions: choose shape"
# the line above now paints on img x
  set the layer of img x to tlayer
  set the relayergroupedcontrols to false
end mouseUp"