On-Rev file Transfer

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 3 13:36:52 EDT 2009

Hi from Paris,

Developing my site is put into second priority.
I need time to ingurgitate DreamWeaver !!!!
And I am still light years away from adding
/rev commands to my existing HTML files
But, I also want to use the 100 GB platform to
upload and download some .aiff music files which
we develop in France, mix in the States, and
then make available to a limited set of users.

I tried using the upload/download mechanism in cPanel.
I realize that it wasn't designed for VOLUME, so I ran
a few tests

After a few hours - It was extremely rapid on all files
up to about 1 MB, then things go so slow that I pulled
the plug. Pretty normal, if you consider that it is
usually for Web pages ....... ! There also seems to be
a "brake" after a certain data volume. Transferring a
100 KB file after several 1 MB files took forever.

I am ready to accept any input from On-Rev experts, but
don't worry, I have no qualms - It's OK for me.

However, FileZilla FTP's to accounts defined in cPanel
zip through in no time - perfectly acceptable for
big (50 MB aiff files). So I am happy ....

On-Rev looks good .........
 From cPanel, menus easy to use - watch the videos if
you are in doubt - no problems so far ..... so far !!

FWIW

-Francis