OT: MySQL Open/Close question

Josep jmyepes at mac.com
Mon Jun 1 18:53:42 EDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

I have similar problem. I'm working remotely with mySQL and with this I
solve the issue. In my case I perform long long inserts, the last one hold
the connection for 2'5 hours without problem inserting 59000 records from
the datagrid to one remote mysql.

put "SET wait_timeout=1200" into VarSQL
revExecuteSQL MyDB_ID, VarSQL

1200 or higher value, this are expressed as seconds. I got the connection
for 20 minutes without any problem. But I prefer open and close when I need.
In my case I don't need quickly queries, and only three levels of dependency
between queries.

Salut,
Josep