Field won't unhilite

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Jul 31 15:54:17 EDT 2009

I've got a field where all the words have a white background that I
can't get rid of.   Every single word in the field has white behind
it that I can't make go away or even change.

I do not want any hiliting in the field as hiliting lights up the
whole line and not just the "cell".  This is not an official table
field, just a regular field with tabstops set.  I'm using scripting
to change the color of the words on mouse over (the forecolor) to be
the only hiliting.

Particulars are:

List field
Opaque is off
Traversal is off
Autohilite and all hilite options are off
Selectedlines is empty
Selectedtext is empty
The field has several tabstops

I tried setting the hilitePattern to the same img as the pattern on
the card so that it would appear to not be hilited.  The backPattern
of the card is a beige image.

Every single word in the field has white behind it that I can't make
go away or even change.  I thought maybe it was the font but all
fonts did the same.  Searched the archives and everybody seems more
interested in hiliting rather than unhiliting ;-)

I've tried all manner of combinations of things and that white is
stubbornly stuck there.

Any hope for it?

Shari
--
   Dogs and bears, sports and cars, and patriots t-shirts
   http://www.gityasome.com