[Data grid] an inert data grid ; how is it possible ?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jul 30 10:26:08 EDT 2009

On Jul 30, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Andre.Bisseret wrote:

> I have a data grid in a substack. It was running well for weeks up
> to yesterday evening.
> But, this morning, it was as "disabled" !
>
> Impossible to select a line, to sort any column, to get the dgText
> of it, to add a line to it, and so on !
>
> Fortunately, there was not too much work to replaced it by a brand
> new one which is working nicely,
>
> I would like to understand what  I could have done inadvertently to
> get such a broken data grid
> and then, what I should have done to fix it ?

André,

Based on your description it sounds like the data grid behavior has
somehow become disconnected from the data grid. I have seen this
happen with behaviors a few times but I have yet to track down a
recipe. Have you recently moved the data grid at all?

One way to check is to do this after opening your data grid in the IDE:

set the behavior of group "My Data Grid" to the long id of button
"Data Grid" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"

Does it start working then?

Yves - this sounds different then what you described to me in the
email you sent.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore