Revlet default folder

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Wed Jul 29 20:20:46 EDT 2009

Hi Kevin,

Are you using your own Mac OS X server with the revlet?

If so, how did you set it up to work?  Is there any documentation
on how to do that?

Thanks,

Rick

On Jul 29, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Kevin Stallibrass wrote:

> I have saved one of my rev programs for the web. The program stores
> some
> preferences in a .txt file in the default folder next to the app. When
> saving for the web and putting the revlet on my webserver, the app
> still
> works correctly but I've noticed that the default folder now becomes
> the
> desktop storing the .txt file there. This happens on both  mac with
> safari
> and XP with IE (I've not tried any other combinations).
>
> This is great because a standard rev app will still work correctly
> with no
> alterations but I feel I'm likely to annoy a lot of users by
> cluttering up
> their desktop. I feel that a better place for the default folder is
> the
> temporary internet files folder so that when this folder is emptied
> via the
> web browser, my files will be removed at the same time.
>
> Trouble is, I've no idea of a global path I could use which would
> work on
> all supported browsers/OS's  - is there one?
>

> Regards
>
> Kevin Stallibrass

Rick Harrison

You can buy my $10 music album "Funny Time Machine" digital CD on the
iTunes Store Now!

To visit the iTunes Store now to listen to samples of my CD please
click on the
following link.  (Please note you must have iTunes installed on your
computer for this link to work.)

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=213668290