AW: bad print quality of a resized image

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:34:59 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread, but I have a related question.

In Rev. 3.5, in order to get maximum image printing quality, is it still
necessary to put an image into an off-screen stack, set it to its original
size, then print it into a reduced rectangle?

If so, is it possible to use this technique if I am printing cards with an
image background and text on top? Basically, can I create two printing
stacks, one with full size images and one with all the text, then for each
card, open printing, print the image into the rectangle of the background,
then print the card with the text on top of that?

I have never used open printing, I have always just printed entire stacks,
so aspect of runrev is a bit new to me.

...hoping that made sense.

Thanks,

Jonathan Lynch

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> Great,
>
> You're PDF and Reports libraries are a welcome and solid addition to the
> community.
> best, Chipp
>
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 6:52 AM, Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi Chipp,
> >
> > For Quartam Reports 1.2 I'm looking at various
> > enhancements to images, and the script I shared
> > earlier was part of those experiments.
> > So not today, but it's coming...

Do all things with love