Gone without a "trace"

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Wed Jul 29 09:37:41 EDT 2009

Troy (electron herder),

For the time being, GLX2 is being maintained. Mark and I keep a close
eye on it. Are we adding tons of new features? No.

Will tRev supplant GLX2? We don't know yet. I think there is a good
chance it will, but I don't want to commit to that just yet. Let's see
how development on its debugger goes.

Technically, tRev has no debugger, but many of us can't use the
debugger in Rev 3.5 or GLX2 with many scripts, anyway. This is due to
architectural changes in the the way debugging is handled in Rev 3.5
and higher.

What is the sound of a debugger not working? answer: no debugger. At
least that's the case with my scripts.

We have gotten Rev to resolve tracebreak messages to tRev with
contextual info. That is stage one of debugging remotely. I am also
looking at kinder, gentler forms of debugging. tRev is a breakthrough
product and not a me-too product, so I am going to look for really
sleek solutions.

In the case of tRev, not having any debugger certainly helps me
prioritize what needs to be in a debugging solution.

Best,

Jerry Daniels
Watch tRev - The Movie
http://reveditor.com/trev-the-movie