Trapping the Option or Command keys

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:25:04 EDT 2009

Bill Ziegler wrote:

> I'm re-writing a hypercard stack in which buttons performed different
> functions if the OptionKey or CommandKey were down. I need the title
> and icon to change on all the buttons when either modifier key is
> down. Looking back in the archives it seems like it was a problem only
> on Macs. Is there a command now that will let me do this? The
> simplified interface I'm trying to re-create will allow a button that
> is bordering a text field to either read the contents of bordering
> text field with text-to-speech, record the student's voice or play
> back the recorded voice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill Ziegler

1.  Download my "KeyDowner" stack:

http://mathewson.110mb.com/FILEZ/KEYDOWNER.rev.zip

play around with it on Mac and Win.

2.  The only 'problem' as far as I recall is that on a Mac the COMMAND key
     (with a stylised apple on it) does the work of the CONTROL key in
Windows.

    So DON'T have settings for both COMMAND and CONTROL keys.