Trapping the Option or Command keys

Bill Ziegler billziegler at mac.com
Mon Jul 27 13:52:26 EDT 2009

I'm re-writing a hypercard stack in which buttons performed different
functions if the OptionKey or CommandKey were down. I need the title
and icon to change on all the buttons when either modifier key is
down. Looking back in the archives it seems like it was a problem only
on Macs. Is there a command now that will let me do this? The
simplified interface I'm trying to re-create will allow a button that
is bordering a text field to either read the contents of bordering
text field with text-to-speech, record the student's voice or play
back the recorded voice.

Thanks,

Bill Ziegler