Filter by Item and What gives with my field?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jul 26 20:26:10 EDT 2009

Tom-

Sunday, July 26, 2009, 4:23:36 PM, you wrote:

> I want itemfour to disappear after I put the field into a variable.
> The problem is that item four is never the same, so I can't filter by
> a specific string. I'm sure there must be a way to just have all of
> item four go poof.

I'm a bit caffeine-deprived today, so I can't think of how to do this
in a single line of code. I'd go with the obvious:

put field "someField" into tTempVar -- for speed
repeat for each line tLine in tTempVar
  put item 1 to 3 of tLine & cr after tVar
end repeat

Hopefully someone else will come up with something more clever.

> Second, I have a field that is full of TAB delimited records like this:

Maybe check the dontWrap of the field?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net