uploading a test revlet on safari to a web site

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 22:13:29 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM, <revinfo1155 at aol.com> wrote:
> I've successfully created a web application with webmedia. it runs good although I'll have to clean up a few things. The question is, how do I upload the web application from the test mode in safari that webmedia creates to an actual web page on the web? i have access to idisk storage and iweb. Can it be done on them?

Yes it can. I just made a quick test page at
<http://web.me.com/sarahr/RevWeb/Email_Encoder.html>.

Here is what I did:

1. Create your stack and save it as a web standalone. This gives you 2
files: the revlet and a test.html file.
2. Create your page in iWeb, I just used a blank page which gives me a
header and a bit of text but not much else.
3. Open the test.html file in a text editor and copy all the code
between "<!-- Embed your revlets using code" and "<!-- Plugin
detection script finishes above this line -->"
5. Drag an HTML snippet into your page and when it opens the dialog,
paste in the code copied from the test.html page. (If like me you had
a browser open at the time, the revlet will not display, but will warn
you to close other browsers - just ignore this.)
6. Get iWeb to publish your site to MobileMe.
7. Open your iDisk and navigate to the Sites folder in your Home
folder on your iDisk. You will see a folder with the same name as your
site. In that folder will be an html file with the same name as your
page and another folder, also with the name of your page.
8. Upload the revlet to the folder with the same name as the page.

Now visit the page and the revlet should load.

HTH,
Sarah