Google Chrome

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 05:41:58 EDT 2009

Oh, God, there I go again; replying to my own messages.  :)

Richmond Mathewson wrote:
> I see that a Mac Beta of Google Chrome has just been released:
>
> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10962684
>
> I wonder how well it and revlets will interact?

Well, I can't tell you as the Mac releases (at present, at least)  are
for Intel Macs.

HOWEVER; downloaded a build onto my Ubuntu box, and . . .

1. Built an extremely silly little revlet just for test purposes:

Firefox gives me a jolly grey square!

Epiphany gives me a grey square and a rotating cursor wheel.
(Had to force quit that one)

Konqueror gives me the "revWeb plugin required" notice;
trying to download and install for Konqueror . . . .

and, surprise, surprise, I end up with the revWebInstaller I installed
on my Ubuntu system yesterday.

Chrome gives me the "revWeb plugin required" notice;
hey-ho . . . .