See us on MacWorld and Macnn

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Thu Jul 23 19:34:45 EDT 2009

On 23/07/2009 21:46, "Paul Looney" <simplsol at aol.com> wrote:

> Great to see the company getting good press. But...
> The first article seemed to imply that the name "Revolution" was
> retired - a good thing.
> The second article kept referring to the product as "Revolution" - a
> very bad thing.
> Let me be my usual blunt self: this product can not be taken
> seriously with the name "Revolution"! It is long passed time time to
> kill it. I hate to think how much money this has cost RunRev Ltd.
> The names "revMedia", "revStudio", and "revEnterprise" are going in
> the right direction.
> This brings us to the language:
> "revTalk" = "hyperTalk" = toy language (I'm talking perception, not
> necessarily reality). You can write real code with Rev. So, why not
> join the big leagues with "revCode"?

We've done our homework on this - actually rather a lot of homework. We
can't be all things to all people, we need to play to our strengths and
present a coherent brand image. We have an easy-to-use language and the name
needs to reflect that. There is nothing to say that that language is not
powerful or highly capable. Those capabilities are reflected in the feature
set, the case studies and the quality of the branding. But at the end of the
day the language name needs to be catchy, memorable and clearly put forward
our core advantage. revCode is none of those things, and that's not just my
opinion, we've done the market research into this.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools