RevM4 : resource center

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:23:19 EDT 2009

Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Richmond
> Mathewson<richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thought I would try out some of the
>> tutorials before the kids got there first :)
>>
>> so tried the Internet Images one:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>  set the filename of image 1 to http://www.runrev.com/images/logo.jpg
>> end mouseUp
>>

> I would expect the URL needed to be in quotes so the tutorial needs fixing.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

Thanks Sarah!

HOWEVER; today all considerations of Grammar and Process Writing
went out of the window as I showed the new revMedia to the kids
on the Linux boxes:

They love the 'new' script Editor

They love the Resource Center (one of them 'charmingly' put it:
"Now we can learn at home without your help!" Well, it is true,
and I can get back to what I am meant to be doing).

Obviously, as there is no internet connexion in the school all the work
was fairly 'babyish' - recreate a standard text-editor with FONT, SIZE,
STYLE, TEXTCOLOUR, ALIGNMENT, CLEAR and SAVE buttons.

On 2 Pentium IIIs (600-800 MHz, 256 MB RAM), Ubuntu 8.04
the Documentation took AGES to load. Occasionally strange
'artifacts' popped up on the screen.

On the G3 iMac (Mac OS 10.4.11, 384 MB RAM) everything
worked a little bit more smoothly, although the Help system
and the Script Editor took a fair time to open.

Needless to say the kids are all off home to register for
Alpha revMedia 4; so if the powers that be see a slew of
Bulgarian names coming into night (well, about 6) they
will know that my kids are doing their homework.  :)

On my G4 Steam-Cleaner revMedia 4 works really very well
indeed; as it does on the Pentium 4 some-funny-specs-I-forget
Ubuntu 8.04.3 next door.