Repeat Loops Blocking Handlers-Screen Update?

Mark Stuart mfstuart at cox.net
Tue Jul 21 22:40:37 EDT 2009

Written by Sivakatirswami on Tue Jul 21, 2009 - 7:23 PM CDT

on showFeedback tMsg
   put tMsg into fld "FeedbackMsg"
   show fld "FeedbackMsg"
   unlock screen
   send  hideFeedback to me in 10 seconds
end showFeedback

on hideFeedback
   hide fld "feedbackmsg"
   put empty into "feedbackmsg"
   unlock screen
end hideFeedback

Any clues?
<<

Hi Sivakatirswami,
Try using the "unlock screen" command in each of the show and hide scripts.
Notice the placement in the first script.

I had a similar problem where a field I was using the put to update it in a
repeat loop, never refreshed the rest of the screen. So I put the "unlock
screen" inside the repeat and walla, it now shows all the objects on the
screen, not just the field that's getting updated.

HTH U,
Mark Stuart