EditTextField in Datagrid

Josep jmyepes at mac.com
Mon Jul 20 10:36:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

I need some help... :(

I want do this:

1) Trap when the user press a combo keys editing some cell into the datagrid
to show one stack -- OK
2) One time the stack are showed the user select one value from it and close
the stack -- OK
3) The value selected will be "put into" the editing cell. -- NOK

The value selected from the stack are stored into a global var, but I don't
see how put into the edited cell.

Also if I control the input with the behavior the tab key to jump to another
cell don't work and the cell will be remain as edited (showing the field as
white) until click into another cell. Why?

*** Code from datagrid in the stack:

on selectionChanged pHilitedIndex, pPrevHilitedIndex
   Global gConcepte
    put the dgDataOfIndex [ pHilitedIndex ] of me into theDataA

    put theDataA["Col 1"] into gConcepte
end selectionChanged

gConcepte store the selected value by the user

*** Code from preOpenFieldEditor

on preOpenFieldEditor pFieldEditor

   switch the dgColumn of me
      ## allow editing for these columns only.
      case "col 4"
         set the behavior of pFieldEditor to the long id of button
"b_InputControl"
         break
   end switch

end preOpenFieldEditor

Only set the behavior for the "Col4", the others cols don't need trap any
key.

*** Code for button "b_InputControl"

on rawkeydown keycode
   Global gConcepte