Unicode - AAT vs OT fonts in Revolution

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 02:43:38 EDT 2009

Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>> Sorry,  the modified Mac keyboard layouts at:
>>
>> At:  http://mathewson.110mb.com/FILEZ/DevKeys.zip
>>

> Congrats! and Thank you!
>> ONLY allow access to the Udatta and Anudatta symbols used
>> in the Rg and Atharva Vedas. You can mark Svarita by combining
>> Udatta and Anudatta.
>>
>> This is because the unicode standard does not seem to either
>> take into account or have symbols for the way Udatta, Anudatta
>> and Svarita are represented in texts such as the Maitrayani Samhita ,
>> the Yajur Veda or the Kathaka Samhita.
>>
>> Bit of a nuisance, really.
>

> Indeed, but will suffice for our simple work.
>
> But, for the life if me, I can't find the original Devanagari and
> Devanagari QWERTY keyboards to delete them...
Probably the best thing to do is to remove the original Devanagari and
Devanagari QWERTY keyboards via
System Preferences/International/Input  Control Panel; then bung my
hacks is the /Library/Keyboard Layouts.

Then log out and log in again, and the hacked keyboard layouts should
show up in System Preferences/International/Input.