Another (slightly silly) way to show animations on Linux

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:19:27 EDT 2009

Gosh, I must have a session with my therapist (he's a tortoise called
Harold who
lives in our garden) . . .

Here's another way:

Horribly wasteful in terms of file size, but guarantees no dependency on
external components.

This will allow you to show a SILENT "film sequence":

1.  Export your movie file to images (say 25 per second).

2. Import them into a hidden card in your stack [think BLOATWARE].

3. On the card where you want to present the film/animation;

   create an IMAGE that has the exact dimensions of the images

   Menu : Object/New Control/Image

4.  Pop a script like this into your button:

 on mouseUp
   put 1003 into FRAMEK
   repeat for 356 times
     add 1 to FRAMEK
     set the imageData of img "SHOWBOX" to the imageData of img ID FRAMEK
     wait 2 ticks
   end repeat
 end mouseUp