AW: rawkeydown and numtochar don't work as expected

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 09:36:08 EDT 2009

Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
> thats exactly, what I've done (exept it were two fields), but testing your
> approach gives me my same (wrong) result.
> I am working with Rev 3.5 on Win XP, german keyboard
> ? returns: {
> ; returns: <
> : returns: >
> ( returns: *
> ß returns: [
>
> any idea, what is going wrong here?
> Thanks
> Tiemo

Well, I just tried this:

Opened up my trial stack with the Bulgarian keyboard layout:

now when I press the key that should give me '?' I get something else.

This is because rawKeyDown gives you the underlying key, not what is
specified by your keyboard layout; and as Windows XP and Mac are made
in North America, the underlying key is the standard USA key.

HOWEVER . . .

on keyDown QUAY
  put QUAY into fld "PROB"
end keyDown