Strange button

Paul Gabel paulgabel at comcast.net
Thu Jul 16 23:43:21 EDT 2009

Hi Sarah:

I found the problem, and anyone on the list who doesn't already know
this might find it interesting. Originally I had used a button, but
then I switched to an image/control. Embedded within the 350 lines of
script were two little words left over from when I was using a button:
<disable me>. (This was temporary, while another action was
occurring.) I had always assumed that you couldn't "disable" an image,
as there's no checkbox for it in the Object Inspector. But, it seems,
if you "disable" an image by script (disable me), you will make it
transparent to a click. Is this a feature or a bug?

Anyway, it's working now.

Paul Gabel