[OT] A tale from my childhood.

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:14:13 EDT 2009

My [OT] message was meant to be 'OT', and as such not taken quite as
seriously as some people seem to have taken it.

Bernard Devlin wrote:
> Richmond,
>
> I'm sure you remember that often when the idea of a browser plugin for
> Revolution was proposed on this list, one of the issues that arose was
> the difficulties for a small company like Runrev providing such a
> plugin given the existence of so many browsers and the inevitable
> incompatibilities.  Recently Bill Marriott did point out that this was
> indeed causing problems.
>
> I'm sure that Runrev had only good intentions
I have never doubted RunRev's intentions, and I am sure they are, on the
whole, good.
> when they posited an
> availability date that has now slipped.  Since this new plugin is part
> of Rev 4.0, I suspect they do not want to let a beta out into a public
> sphere if they know that there are going to be too many bugs.  The
> outcry and complaints could taint the reception of 4.0.
>
> All good things come to he who waits - because he suffers fewer bugs! :-)

Not always true:  the other day a child brought a friend along to one of
my classes.

Afterwards I felt a bit itchy; thought nothing about it; and 2 days
later was
crawling with some sort of mites, and had to go and have an extremely
embarrassing interview with the doctor.  :)