Problem: stack title reverting to stack name on go stack

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:08:48 EDT 2009

Hi

I created a new stack, named "zCar"
and for its title put "zoom cars are really better"
and in its stack script put the following script

On PreOpenStack
   toplevel this stack
   if the blendlevel of this stack <>0 then set the blendLevel of this
stack to 0
   send DissolveSplash to me in 2 seconds
end PreOpenStack

command DissolveSplash
  repeat while the blendlevel of this stack < 100
    set the blendLevel of this stack to the blendLevel of this stack + 1
  end repeat

  go stack "subStackA"

end DissolveSplash

I created a new substack, named it substackA and put the following
script into a button in this stack

on mouseUp
   send "preOpenStack" to stack "zCar"
end mouseUp

Click the button and the main stack appears with the window title
"zoom cars are really better" - as expected.
However click the button again, the stack reappears but this time the
window title is "zCar". This remains as the window title until I edit
the title in the Inspector (even pressing enter at the end of the
entry does) which restores the correct title when the button is
clicked.
But click the button again and "zCar" reappears.

This reproduces an effect I got in another stack where I was creating
a splash screen and allowing it to be accessed from a menu.

I'm using Rev Enterprise 3.5.0 on Windows
Has anyone else noticed this?
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

--
Regards

Ian McKnight

iangmcknight at googlemail.com