Highlight instances of found text

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Jul 8 05:19:58 EDT 2009

On Wed Jul 8, 2009, Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org wrote:

> Aloha and Namaste, Peter
>
> Thank you!  this is very helpful... it's what I was looking for, but my
> string manipulation skills are not as strong as yours and I defaulted to
> the old "hack" which is to use find and then FoundChunk, which always
> *seems* to work well, but often introduces some unsolvable gremlin.
> e.g. my function passes all lines/Paragraphs containing the search
> string to a field for review, highlighting every instance of the found
> text. The user can then print this out after editing it.
>
> Using "Supreme Being" it found all the instances, but for some
> mysterious reason highlighted all instances except
>
> "Supreme Being;
>
> (snip)

It may be additionally worthwhile to have a look at the scripts of my
"Hypertext Annotations" stack (2004), where searched strings are
highlighted irrespective of other leading or trailing characters.

<http://www.sanke.org/Software/HypertextAnnotations.zip>

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke

<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>