RGB values for a color name

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Sun Jul 5 23:54:56 EDT 2009

I will look at it.  But my work has nothing to do with manual user color management.  I am working on deeply semantic pattern logic.  I think it is way past time for computers to know enough to try to know.  Crazy to have all of this computational power and for it to do no more than it did 20 years ago (just faster).  My code needs to know in dreadfully simple and obvious terms what a color of a pixel and how that changes as one moves away from it.  This is to imagery what phonems are to spoken language.  I really dont care what color a pixel has, just how that is different from other pixels near by.  I need as much that i can compare as posible,  Knowing the hue and the brightness is a start.  I would like to know the minimum noumber of pure colors it would take to make that pixels color... To colors what factoring is to numbers.  That would help.  Not with the primary colors.  Cause that seems realy arbitary (and yes i have heard of newton).   Anyway, i am convinced that i can do enough with hue and brightness for a start, what i might have to do is distill just the color component from RGB but keep it in three color values (just without the brightness component).  I will work on it and get back to the group.