[weblet] How can a webLet communicate with the hosting html page?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sun Jul 5 18:43:33 EDT 2009

Robert,

in this first version of the plugin, there will be no direct way for
the plugin to talk to the host page but you can script one using
sessions. For example, you create a javascript that polls the server
at a given interval checking for communication and you make the plugin
write to that session when it needs to communicate with its host page.
It's a three way communication, like both talking to the server
instead of each other but it works wonder for the united nations so
far so I think we can keep the traditions.

Cheers
andre