RGB values for a color name

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:25:51 EDT 2009

Here we go:

Clunky, but it works (err, that's my methodology):

Make a stack; create a graphic (from the drop-down menu), call it "KOLOR".

Populate a text field "KNAMES" with colorNames:

put the colorNames into fld "KNAMES"

make two other flds:

"fRGB"  and "SELECT"

(sorry about the screwy names, but was working at speed)

bung this code in the script of the text field filled with the colorNames:

on mouseDown
  get the clickText
  put the clickText into fld "SELECT"
  set the backgroundColor of grc "KOLOR" to the clickText
  put the colors of grc "KOLOR" into fld "fRGB"
end mouseDown

Bob's your uncle!

And if that's too much bother, I've just uploaded all that here:

http://mathewson.110mb.com/FILEZ/COLORNAMER.rev.zip

at a 4 KB download it shouldn't hurt too much!

Love, Richmond.