Creepy

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Jul 2 00:47:59 EDT 2009

Not finding this option.  Not seeing anywhere to
opt in or out.  Pretty sure I would have seen a
checkbox and not checked it, though, or unchecked
it or whatever.

Under Friends, there are several options to help
you find your friends.  One tells you to give
your Email/Password (which I know I didn't do).
Another has you uploading your contact file.
(Never uploaded anything.)  The rest are various
search methods.  It lists all the friends of my
friends, school searches, IM searches, coworker
searches.  The only ones I've partaken of is my
high school (after it found all of you) and
friends of friends to find the friends I missed.

Invite Friends has an option to Import Email
Addresses and lists several common email sources,
Hotmail, AOL, Gmail and Yahoo (none of which I
use except for gmail, which I've only used to
send reg codes to about 5 people when my emails
didn't get thru the regular way).

I was reading an article in Wired magazine about
Facebook and Google being in sort of a war for
internet domination.  Facebook is doing a pretty
good job catching up to Google and has a good
chance of bypassing Google, according to the
article.  Google is my best friend and does a lot
of really good things for me.  I'd be pretty
amiss to ignore the thing that's hot on it's
tail.  Diddled with MySpace but really didn't see
much value there.  Facebook, however... as long
as I don't post information I don't want made
public, seemed like it was worth checking into.

But the whole where did it find all those people
issue, THAT scares me.  But I sure do know a lot
of folks who are on it... I mean, it wouldn't
have even found the folks if they didn't have
Facebook accounts, right?

Shari

--
   Dogs and bears, sports and cars, and patriots t-shirts
   http://www.gityasome.com