Creepy

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jul 1 12:09:24 EDT 2009

Shari-

I believe Facebook by default uses your computer's address book.
Anyone in your address book who already has a FB account comes up as a
match and is a potential friend, anyone who doesn't already have an
account is a target for an invitation. It's clever technology and
invasive and annoying. This has come up before when listservs get
spammed inadvertently when new users setting up FB accounts select the
default settings and invitations are sent to everyone in their address
books. It's why I stay far, far away from Facebook.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net