Launch document problems

Scott Pepperdine spepper at byu.net
Fri Jan 30 19:37:39 EST 2009

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Scott Pepperdine wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to use 'launch document' to open a .csv file in a
>> spreadsheet.  I keep getting the result of "can't open file", which
>> tells me the file could not be found, or is not accessible.
> Since you've tried checking for existence, the file is probably found.
> More likely is that it is inaccessible to Rev, which could be a
> permissions issue. Have you tried moving the file to a folder that is
> accessible to the current user, like the desktop?

Hi Jacque,

Thanks for the response.  I'm signed on as Administrator on this box, so
I didn't think permissions would be the problem, and it was not.  When I
changed the associated program for .csv files from OpenOffice to Lotus
123 it worked just great.  When I use "launch document" to open .rtf and
.doc and .xls files with OpenOffice it works just fine also.  It is only
when I try to open .csv files with OpenOffice that it does not work.
Either a problem with OpenOffice or the association I have set up with
.csv files.

In any case the problem was not with Rev, and thanks again for the response.