Music/Quicktime in Revolution

Fred Moyer fmoyer at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 13:28:38 EST 2009

Is there anyone out there who knows a lot about sound, which maybe
means the way Revolution and Quicktime interact?  I am a musician and
have written some stacks that play music - I actually play along with
the stacks. There are some issues I'm having. For example:
        1) There is still a slight pause between when I press a foot pedal
to start the music and the time that the music begins. This means
that my foot has to press the footpedal a split second before I want
the music to come in which is quite a trick to accomplish while playing.
        2) I have just begun using an Intel Mac (MacBook Pro), and I notice
that after a long time of not playing, a loaded player object goes
into some kind of sleep mode. Not only does it do so with a little
thump that is heard by the audience, but after that when I press the
pedal, it doesn't play immediately -- it needs to kind of get warmed
up. I wonder if there is some way disable this sleep mode.
        3) I wish there were a way to add an Equalizer.  I've tried
software that universally changes the sound of everything coming out
of the Mac, but it doesn't seem to work correctly with Revolution --
not sure why. It would be best if the EQ was inside Revolution.
        4) I've heard that there is some "flavor" of Quicktime that allows
you to speed up or slow down the music without changing pitch, and
that unfortunately Revolution does not use that "flavor." I wonder if
it is possible to retrofit Rev with that flavor.

I would like to find someone who can help me with this and other
sound issues. Any suggestions of where to go would be most appreciated!

Fred Moyer