Sometimes I'm baffled.

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Jan 29 22:54:06 EST 2009

Thomas,

He wasn't trying to get the handler name... but trying to help is good
=). It's actually an interesting piece of trivia that param(0) will
fetch the handler name. Similarly, $0 fetches the script name for a
CGI script...

It seems to me that param(i) is just parsed differently by the
compiler than a custom function. Something about the order of
evaluation changes. I wonder whether value(param(i)) would work? Or
just an echo function:

set the visible of echo(param(i)) to TRUE

function echo v
  return v
end echo

Of course, the original workaround is pretty painless, luckily.

- Brian