A real beauty

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 29 20:16:56 EST 2009

DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> Fooling around, you know. Trying to learn.
>
> I pulled a field from the tools palette, and dropped it onto my stack. That's
> normal behavior, right? But I found I could not edit it. I could write text
> to it normally, but nothing else; no deleting, moving, resizing. I could not
> select it at all. I put some text in anyway.
>
> It turns out that the field wasn't actually on the stack. It was on the
> desktop. The finder desktop that is, ghostlike and transparent, like a sticky.
> Rev stacks could be dragged behind it; they could be placed at will, and the
> field then seemed to be on the stack. When I quit revolution, it went away.

So *that's* what it was. It happened to me, but only once, just
yesterday. I hadn't a clue why and I was working on something, so I just
quit and restarted Rev and all was back to normal.

Rev fakes an object drag from the tool palette by creating a stack on
the fly and dragging that. Something is causing the fake stack to remain
visible, and not to "drop" its contents to your topstack. I've noticed
some oddities with the message box too, where it identifies the topstack
correctly but the name is dimmed and messages don't get sent there. That
may be related too, but so far I haven't got a recipe for it. Seems like
at rare intervals the IDE loses track of which stack it's working with.

Would be worth reporting though at the QCC:
<http://quality.runrev.com/>, especially if you can provide a recipe.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com