How to make sounds as small as possible?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Jan 29 15:11:17 EST 2009

Hi William,

If you really want to use either wav or aiff, probably:
- 8 bit, mono, 8Khz, wav for smallest possible files
- 16 bit, mono, 22Khz, wav to make sounds of acceptable quality

I got best results, both in terms of size and quality, with the
regular QuickTime format, while setting the sound format to MPEG 4 Low
Delay AAC, mono, 22.050Khz.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum

We are always looking for new projects! Feel free to contact us to
discuss your custom software project!