Can anybody HELP !!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 29 13:24:10 EST 2009

Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at the problem reported by Camm and others and I
> *think* I have found at least part of the problem. The inability to save
> a stack with a password set and the answer dialog enabled.
>
> In my application, I have a "Dummy" Splash Screen Stack (call it
> "StartUp.rev") that servers as a place holder (as well as other things)
> to build a Standalone from, e.g. when I build a Standalone, I (at least
> initially and subsequently if I want to change settings), open the
> Standalone settings dialog which causes an array containing the settings
> to be written to custom props in StartUp.rev. When I look at this stack
> in the Application Browser, I see that there are now two Sub-Stacks in
> the StartUp.rev file:
>
> answer dialog
> ask dialog
>
> Also in the main stack of "StartUp.rev" I find that I have a group
> called "revLibraries", this contains a number of "buttons" that have
> code in them, such as "revXMLRPC, revPrintBack, etc.

Yes, that's exactly the problem.

> Is this normal? If not then I think the Standalone builder is somehow
> storing these items in the wrong file.

Right. It isn't normal, and we'd determined that the files were being
written to the wrong stack. The problem is, we can't make it happen and
no one is sure why it's only happening to Camm (and now to you.) When we
reviewed his example stack, and tested on several machines, the files
were written correctly and the standalone built fine. Those on the list
who also tested it had no issues either. It's encouraging that you may
be able to reproduce it, that would be very helpful.

> If you add password protection to this, it *might* be the problem people
> have been reporting.
>
> Any comments on this greatly appreciated.

I'm sure you are correct. If you can figure out what is different about
your stack, and if it corresponds to something in Camm's stack, then we
may be able to figure it out.

It would be interesting to see if you can build his sample stack.
Perhaps you could get a copy from him (or ping me privately and I'll
send it to you.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com