Import PDFs ?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Jan 27 18:24:07 EST 2009

Another noob question from me, the perpetual noob.

As I recall, there is a way to do this, but I've forgotten how. I did
peruse the docs. Sometimes that helps, sometimes not...

I'd like to import some PDFs, into a stack, or a card in the stack.
As I recall, I can import almost any file as a customkey, but I'm not
certain. (This might not be quite the right terminology.) The
"import" command seems intended only for images, video or audio. So
that probably isn't right.

Later, I'd like to view the PDF by clicking on a button, which
retrieves the imported PDF data and displays it in a suitable
application, like Preview or Adobe Reader.

If these things can be done, where should I look in the docs?

The purpose of this little project is to avoid losing track of some
PDFs relevant to the other material in the stack. As long as I don't
lose the stack, I have all the PDFs in one place. Maybe I can also
index PDFs this way.

I am prospectively grateful for any assistance offered.

Tim Miller