playing multi-sounds

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jan 27 13:06:37 EST 2009

Recently, Thierry wrote:

>> I've found that usually the fastest playback comes from imported
>> sounds
>> (audioClips), at the price of only playing one sound at a time.  If
>> you use
>> multiple players, you can preassign sounds to each player.
>
> preassign ?
> you mean setting the filename to the sound file during development
> time ?

No, you can set filenames during run time, but I meant you start with a
stack that contains many players, and assign the filenames at startup.  That
way there is minimal load delay when playing sounds -- the sounds are
already assigned to each player and stay assigned.  But with big sounds
(music) there will likely be some delay for loading.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design