Check Boxes in Text Fields

SparkOut SparkOutYNY at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 12:40:09 EST 2009

Jan Schenkel wrote:

> There is no way to set the imageSource of a chunk
> inside a variable, plain and simple. What I'm
> suggesting is that you build the entire htmlText in
> your variable, and then set the htmlText of your
> field.
>
> Below a simple example that just checks all the
> non-hilited checkbox images.
>
> ##
> constant kRegularCheckboxId = 600000
> constant kHilitedCheckboxId = 600001
>
> on mouseUp
>   -- checking all the boxes in field "Foobar"
>   put the htmlText of field "Foobar" into tHtmlText
>   replace "  & quote & kRegularCheckboxId &
quote &  " with "  & quote &
kHilitedCheckboxId & quote &  " in tHtmlText
>   set the htmlText of field "Foobar" to tHtmlText
> end mouseUp
> ##
>
> HTH,
>
> Jan Schenkel.
>
> Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
> <http://www.quartam.com>
>
> =====
> "As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time."
> (La Rochefoucauld)

> No, of course, that's why I was astounded when I thought that's what you
> were saying - if you had a technique to do that, I'd have been delightedly
> amazed. Now I get you. It's a possibility for future developments
> certainly. Alas I think changing the particular app to use htmlText rather
> than regular text in the table fields is probably more effort than it's
> worth.
I'd love to have imageSource editing in a variable, but not as much as I'd
love a "proper" table control. (Especially one feature for me would be very
valuable and that's a soft cr so that you can have multi-line "cells" like a
spreadsheet).