Urgent! - Registering a URL Handler for a RunRev Application

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Jan 27 09:10:35 EST 2009

Hi Mark,

On 27 Jan 2009, at 13:51, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> If the server only returns 0 or 1, you'll have to have a user base
> of tens of thousands for the server to run into performance issues.
> Probably, the problem won't be data traffic but requests for
> connections queueing up at the port.

We are looking at tens of thousands of clients all polling the
server. Also if there is no data available the response is around 100
bytes, if there is data available we are looking at maybe 60K or so.

> The ChatRev server and its clients are continuously sending pings
> and pongs and we're chatting at the same time, without any problems.

Not a good metric!

> To make your app register URLs, you should probably edit the pList
> of your standalone as described at Cocoadev.com and handle
> AppleEvents in a simple AppleEvent handler in your mainstack.

Thanks a lot, I will see if I can get something going from this.
However, this won't allow me to test under the IDE, will it?

Thanks a lot

All the Best
Dave