Urgent! - Registering a URL Handler for a RunRev Application

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Jan 27 08:34:57 EST 2009

Hi All,

This is a Mac only question!

Is it possible to register a URL Hander for an Application built
using RunRev?

Please see:

http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?HowToRegisterURLHandler

Which describes (sort of) how to do it for a regular Cocoa Application.

Some specific questions are:

Will this work in the IDE?

On a Standalone, how would I get the URL string in order to find out
what to do?

To give a bit of background to this, I have an app that "polls" the
server every 5 seconds or so to see if there is updated data
available. This has worked ok up to now, but the server team are
worried that it will kill the server if there are many Clients
polling. On the Windows application (written in RealBasic) they have
handled this, I need to do something similar for the Mac version.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated since I'm not really
sure on where to start!

All the Best
Dave