Call for comments: Rev as a Second Language

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 26 15:36:45 EST 2009

Generic wrote:
> Another way to go with this could be to write 10 or so simple utility
> functions, and show how they would be written in each of your selected
> languages.
>
> Obviously Hello World, then build from there.

That would also be a good read, and I may pursue that. Thanks for the idea.

One version of that (which includes a HyperTalk example) is this page
listing code for how to write the lyrics for "99 Bottles of Beer on the
Wall" in dozens of languages:
<http://www.westnet.com/mirrors/99bottles/beer.html>

:)

What I'm looking for with this article is not so much about the code per
se but the programmer, about their subjective experience with the things
they've enjoyed and perhaps been annoyed with while learning Rev.

Hopefully this article will provide helpful insights to guide others
coming from various languages in making the most out of adding Rev to
their toolkit.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World