OT: online Mac System 6 Flash?

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 14:36:51 EST 2009

I agree.
Like perhaps many a Mac convert, I distinctly remember my first Mac
experience.

I'd previously used various incarnations of DOS (does anybody else remember
the gawdawful experience that was WordPerfect under DOS?!?!!), a
Commodore-64 (Temple of Apshai, anyone?  I recall hacking it to get more
favorable character specs), a Timex Sinclair (did some primitive BASIC
programming on it) and the CSU's Central Cyber...

But once I saw a Mac, that was it.

My then soon-to-be husband decided we needed to buy a computer (quaint era
in which one computer per household would do!) and told me he was going to
buy a DOS box.

I told him that was just fine, but I was going to save my money until I
could afford to buy a Mac.

With much grousing, he bought us a Mac II instead.  256 Gray-scale monitor
because color would have run us an additional US$600!  (1989).  Total cost?
 About US$3,000 (and that was with an educational discount as we were both
enrolled at university).

In the nearly 20 years since, I must point out that we never did buy that
PC...

Judy