problems with Cyrillic input on Windows standalone

Curt Ford cford at sc.edu
Sat Jan 24 14:16:34 EST 2009

Благодаря, Richard, for the quick response - I'm not sure what
I would do with the fontLanguage - ? I've looked at useUnicode as well
but thought that was only for working with NumToChar and CharToNum
functions.

I'd hoped to avoid changing the code since it had been working well
before (and still is in the Mac IDE and Mac standalone); in fact,
throughout the project I've avoided mucking around with Unicode as
much as possible, trying to stick to HTMLText properties for writing
out text & reading it in from external files.

FWIW I found the last working Windows standalone (version 99h3) and
the first Windows standalone where the problem appears (99h5), but
couldn't find a difference in the code. I've just  tried making a new
standalone from 99h3 using both Rev 3.0 and 2.9 - both show the
problem. My original version 99h3 dates from March 8 2008 - don't
remember now which version of Rev I was using then..??

-Curt