SQL varieties

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Jan 22 17:03:08 EST 2009

> Lynn:
>
> > How small is small?
>
> Very small - about 8 tables with the biggest having maybe 500 entries.
> Only 6 - 7 users and no intensive usage.

Mouse nugget size :-)

> > Postgre has free going for it, without a lot of concerns
> that come up
> > with the "free" of MySQL. It also has the advantage of
> being a network
> > ready database.
>
> What do you mean by "network ready?" I would have assumed
> that MySQL was also "network ready" unless I am
> mis-interpreting the term.

Yes, MySQL is network ready (and so is PostGre). There have been a few sad
attempts out there to scale up SQLite for that purpose.

There have been many times where we get questions from potential customers
who then describe what they are selling to their customers. Its pretty
shocking how some vendors will try to save a couple of bucks but put their
own customer's data to risk.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President