RUNREV Technical support

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Jan 22 13:16:14 EST 2009

On 21 Jan 2009, at 16:00, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Mark, Dave, Camm,
>
> Let me get this straight! Are any of you saying that you PAID FOR
> and OPENED a support ticket and DID NOT get any results??????

No, I'm saying that bugs in RunRev caused "show-stopping" problems on
a number of occasions. The last occasion was the most annoying. There
was a problem with an IDE stack that is password protected. It seemed
obvious to me what the problem was and I reckoned that it would take
maybe 10 minutes to fix it, however without seeing the source I
couldn't know for sure, so I asked them if an engineer could look at
see if I was right. I also offered what I considered was a fair
"deal" if I was right. However this simple request - to just have
someone "look" at the code in question was far too much for them to
handle.

I've had so much of this kind of "attitude" in the past and this was
last straw.

In the end, I personally lost nothing from the deal, RunRev lost the
revenue for at least 3 Studio Licenses, lost a small amount of
consultancy fees, lost a hell of a lot of really good publicity and
perhaps more importantly lost my goodwill.

All I really think to all this is - "what a waste" and all for the
sake of 10 to 20 minutes of an engineer's time.

This really was the most pitiful example of "support" I have ever
come across by a software manufacturer.

> If that is the case I would like to know as that is not my
> experience. I have had lots of problems with different versions of
> Revolution and am still experiencing some problems with 3.0 but
> they are not deal breakers so I am still productive.

I've had literally hundreds of these with every version of RunRev
I've used. I'm not talking about these kinds of problems. When I run
into one of these now, I immediately look for a work-around and there
usually is one!

All the Best
Dave