RUNREV Technical support

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 22 13:02:49 EST 2009

Dave wrote:

> Actually, I've seen what I believe has something to do with this bug
> under 2.8.1.472, but under the IDE, but since I don't use the IDE to
> password protect my stacks, it is not a show-stopper. Sometimes when I
> run my Startup stack I get an message about the Answer Dialog already
> being in memory and do I want to Purge, Save or Canel. Whatever I click
> when this happens it results in RunRev freezing and the only way out is
> to Force Quit the Revolution IDE. It only occurred to me that this could
> be part of the same problem last night.

This would be great info to add to the bug report, it might help track
down the issue. I don't doubt there's a problem.

I mentioned in the tech support conversation that I had seen the same
dialog as well during a build, but in one single stack only. In my case,
when I clicked "OK" the build contined normally and didn't cause any
problems. In Steve's case, the build aborts.

What it looks like is that the SB is building the stack and then for
some reason cannot write the revised standalone stack to disk (or maybe
an error prevents the script from continuing.) The SB aborts, the
duplicate stack with its extra dialogs remains in RAM, and the error
message appears.

As soon as the team can reproduce it, they will probably be able to fix
it pretty quickly. The problem is seeing where in the Standalone Builder
the error is occuring, which no one has been able to do yet.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com