RUNREV Technical support

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Jan 22 07:05:20 EST 2009

On 21 Jan 2009, at 18:25, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> camm29 at tesco.net wrote:
>> These lists are great and many issues are solved by all
>> involved.Thank you.
>> No complaints !
>> My question is , what should we expect from RUNREV SUPPORT , you
>> know those
>> guys who charge us for the Software !
>> My experience since using Rev is lack of real support compared
>> with other Software suppliers.
>>  I have raised bugs and tickets etc..
>
> Just to add some info:
>
> You wrote to support about this problem first on Dec 1, 2008. You
> received a response within 24 hours. Following that was an
> interchange of 19 emails over the next two weeks, plus another
> three internal notes which you did not see. We actively worked on
> your issue for two weeks. I could not repeat your experience, even
> with the example stack you sent. Members of this list also cannot
> reproduce the problem (except for one who had GLX installed, which
> you do not.)

Actually, I've seen what I believe has something to do with this bug
under 2.8.1.472, but under the IDE, but since I don't use the IDE to
password protect my stacks, it is not a show-stopper. Sometimes when
I run my Startup stack I get an message about the Answer Dialog
already being in memory and do I want to Purge, Save or Canel.
Whatever I click when this happens it results in RunRev freezing and
the only way out is to Force Quit the Revolution IDE. It only
occurred to me that this could be part of the same problem last night.

All the Best
Dave