AW: what is the bottleneck when copying file from CD?

Florian von Walter fvwalter at web.de
Wed Jan 21 09:35:30 EST 2009

Hi, Tiemo,

HFS+ sector size seems to be 512 bytes according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFS_Plus.
CD-ROM sector size is 2352 bytes gross and 2048 bytes net according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-ROM.
DVD-ROM sector size is 2418 bytes gross and 2048 bytes net according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-ROM (so I was wrong with my 512 bytes).

Regards, Florian